Interested in becoming our Guest Editor for Special Issues?
Explore our most popular learning topics.
Special issues are usually centered on a hot topic in the scientific community, but they can also cover a conference, scientific meeting, or symposium. They may also commemorate significant events such as a journal's tenth, twenty-fifth, fifty-fifth, or hundredth anniversary, or the death of a famous figure in the field. Special issues are a powerful tool for generating interest in your field of study and expanding your audience.
APPLICATION FORM FOR GUEST EDITOR
Have an idea for a journal special issue?
Our editorial team will assist you in finding the right journal within a prospective subject area.
If you’re interested in submitting a proposal for consideration by our editorial team, please fill out the form. The team will promptly evaluate your proposal.
Being a guest editor of a special issue yields multiple benefits
- Expand your network by engaging with experts in the field
- Connect to your community more closely
- Keep up to date with developments in the field
- Increase your own influence
- Be recognized by the promotion evaluation committee
- Elevate the progress of your community
Your role and responsibilities as a guest editor
- Identify and invite authors to contribute to the special issue
- Set deadlines to ensure timely submissions and publication
- Manage peer review of the papers within the submission system, if required
- Write an editorial to summarize the special issue and provide running order of articles
- Identify a cover image (if requested) when the special issue is completed
- Help with marketing activities for the special issue, if possible